Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Experiencing the terrible twos!



COOPER IS 2!!!!





Cooper's 2nd year of life (well, technically his 3rd year) began at 4:30am when he burst into Mommy and Daddy's room to start his day. Cooper can now climb out of his crib like a gymnast dismounting the parallel bars, and so he has decided that he will now get up when he feels like it. Did you know that on June 23rd (2 days after the longest day of the year), that it is already light out at 4:30 in the morning? Well, now I do.
So....anyway, Cooper busts into our room at the same moment that Haley is pulling out of the driveway for a shift at the hospital, which means that I've got no way to get out of dealing with him. He climbs into bed with Daddy and proceeds to stiff arm me straight in the face. I suppose that adding insult to injury is one's right when it is the anniversary of the day you were born.



Cooper's early start on the morning turned out to be a sign of how his day was going to go. I gave them a choice of where they wanted to eat for lunch and Jackson decided that Cooper definitely wanted to go to McDonalds. Off to McD's the three men went and no sooner had I put their food down in front of them that Cooper dropped his entire chocolate milk on the floor. Awesome. When I returned with a fistful of napkins to clean up the mess, Mr. Cooper had climbed on top of the table to get the salt and pepper, knocking over some of his food onto the floor to go with his chocolate milk. Sheesh. I don't have any pictures of that.


However, we do have some pictures of his party which Haley will tell you about...

We celebrated by having just a few good family friends over for a BBQ.




Cooper, the guest of honor, was hosted by Elmo and the rest of the Sesame Street gang. We enjoyed hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner. Many thanks go to my saint of a husband for pulling it all together as I had to work all day (and got home late, of course!!)

Cooper and Brooke always have fun together!!

After dinner, we ate (inhaled) some cake and proceeded to open presents....that lasted about 6 minutes total. We were hoping to get everyone home to get their kiddos in bed at a decent hour

Click on Coop for more birthday pictures!

Cooper's Birthday!

No comments: