AhhhAHHH! Kansas.
I realize...we have only a couple of pictures of our time at Memah and Bee Bee's house ( I usually leave the photography up to Bee Bee when we are there). Here are the ones I do have. They are with some pretty cool people, though, so I guess that makes up for it!
Jackson running through the sprinkler with best bud Andrew. We tried the neighborhood pool (again) and the chlorine didn't agree with Jackson's skin. Poor little guy. He has really fallen in love with swimming. It will be hard to keep him out of the pools. We are hoping he grows out of this allergy soon!
Supporting the sucky Royals with Uncle Ty Ty. He is so much fun. He played tee ball in the backyard with the boys. We were lucky that he could spend so much time with us. His work schedule in the summertime is very busy at the golf course.
Jackson hanging out with Granddad Rose. It is always nice to see them!After a few days in KC, we headed over to Council Grove lake, a place that is becoming more near and dear us each year. We absolutely love spending time there with Grandpa Jeff and Nana. We tagged Jackson "the lake kid" over this visit. He spent every available moment in or near the water. He was not afraid to try anything. Cooper is warming to the water...slowly but surely. Maybe next year he will be jumping in off the dock!
Taking out the jet ski. Cooper insisted that daddy go "swow" Jackson didn't mind zooming around the lake.
Like I said...Jackson will try anything in the water.We spent a few more days in KC, and saw a few more friends while we were there. Then we started the long drive home. We took the southern route home going through St. Louis, Indianapolis, then up through PA. One of our destinations was Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, PA. Apparently famous for their ginormous burgers.
The boys in front of this restaraunt, right before breaking that black chalkboard sign in the background. Nice.
Here's the 2 lb burger. Ridiculous. We all shared this. Even after cutting it into "normal" sized portions, still very difficult to eat. What a mess.
The size of this burger was about all it had going for it. Not really tasty at all. It was like a bland meatloaf on a bun.
The mess we left.That pretty much sums up our midwest tour 2009. We saw close to everyone we love and miss, and had some fun along the way seeing and experiencing things we never had before, including IKEA in New Haven, CT. We were sad to leave, but it was nice to be home again. Could all our friends and family just move to Keene?? Please?
For more pictures of our trip (there are many!) Click HERE!







1 comment:
I'm so glad we got to see you during your trip! Next time I hope we can spend more time together. I love the pictures of the burger. Whoa. Jason really did his homework. :)
Post a Comment