Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our brand new family blog!

Okay, so I am going to try out this blogging thing. I am forever looking for ways to keep in better touch with everyone. Well...at least you will know what is going on with us day to day, week to week or month to month....I'll do my best.

Our first blog will be about our trip to the East Hill Farm in Troy, NH. Jackson's preschool class went there for a field trip and Cooper and I were invited along.



A little background...

Jackson's class is about 15 kids. Most are entering kindergarten next year...Jackson will be enjoying preschool for one more year (flippin' age cutoff!). Okay...so back to the farm. This is the class exploring the old-timey covered wagon while not listening to this lady give the lowdown on the farm and its rules..ie: "no yelling, screaming or running. It will scare the animals."



First stop...the pigs. I think this was the biggest pig I have ever seen (lower right hand corner, you can see part of her.) She was just huge. It was almost disgusting. The kids loved her, though. Her piglets were about 5 weeks old and very very cute.





Cooper was really hoping to grab one of those pigs!

After the pigs, we headed over to collect some fresh chicken eggs. Each child got a basket, Jackson held tightly to his, and Cooper ditched his somewhere in the 50 feet from the pigpen to the chicken coop.

The lactating cows were waiting! I was wondering how the boys would do with this one....Not only did they both manually extract milk, but managed not to spook the cow!






Where's the antibacterial hand gel when you need it??
EEEEEWWWWWW!




Fun!! Let's go see the horsie. I had no idea that they would let each preschooler ride it! Each kid got to ride the horse around a circle one time--no big deal. Okay, in the meantime, I am trying to wrangle Cooper and keep him out of the pile of manure, AND keep Jackson waiting (key word) patiently in line. Not working well. I decide to take Cooper out to chase the chickens while Jackson waits to ride.





This working farm doubles as a bed and breakfast "inn" It's not surprising that it is a popular place to stay to experience the beautiful Monadnock region. The views of Mount Monadnock are fabulous!

I'll wrap up our first little blog with a few pictures of the boys. This is what a typical photo session looks like when trying to pose them.



There we were last week....stay tuned for us to thrill you next week!!

2 comments:

Jason said...

Moist.

jenhutchison said...

Oh Hales! This is so awesome!I teared up when I heard Coop laughing :-( I love and miss you guys so much. Great idea! Can't wait to see the next one!